Information for Use
- +49 241 8099193
- Send Email
All About the Lending
Please register in the user book and deposit your bag in the room of our student assistants, before using the library!
Only if you have registered at our library, you are allowed to borrow books (short lending and weekend lending). If you are not registered at our library yet, please fill in an index card at the student assistants room.
Lending and Lending Period
Basically, our library is a reference library. Reference books and books from the reading area can be scanned on site in extracts within the scope of the originator's legal protection. Besides, books from the reference collection can be borrowed over the weekend. To borrow reference books please fill in the coresponding form and hand it to our student assistants.
Lending period: Tuesday 10am to Monday 10am
Not Lendable Supplies
The following supplies cannot be borrowed due to conservational or organizational reasons:
- Books used in current courses (Semesterapparat)
- Journal volumes
- Books with year of publicaton before 1900 and books in bad state
- Reference works, source editions, legislative texts, atlases and books from statistical rows
Schedule of Fees
Lending and return appointments must be observed! In case of a delayed return, the Research Unit raises the following fees (in accordance with Gebührenordnung der Rheinisch-Westfälischen Technischen Hochschule Aachen für die Bibliotheken der Hochschule vom 14.10.2010, §3):
- up to 10 days 2 Euro for every book
- up to 20 days 5 Euro for every book
- up to 30 days 10 Euro for every book
- up to 40 days 20 Euro for every book